About Me

My photo
Piedmont, Alabama, United States
A Bohemian Wildflower with a wanderlust heart. Owner of a few businesses, married to my best friend, an unschooling mom and entrepreneur. I'm a bit random, a hermit, a lover of nature, Forest dweller, Ocean soul, Quirky, Coffeeholic, Artist, Moon Child, Empath, Barefoot, Simple living ,following my bliss and always Grandma's Girl.

Thursday, December 02, 2010

Still here!

Wow, life got so busy and yet it was hard to form thoughts to put together in any kind of form that would make sense. We had my Sister in law and Niece come for a visit Thanksgiving week, which kept any homesickness we might have felt for the first time away from family for the holidays at bay. I think they were very grateful to return to the land of warmth and running water after 5 days here LOL


The girls and thier cousin at Talkeetna.


We had a strange weather front come thru while they were here. Warming temps that dumped rain on us, promptly turning to solid ice as it hit the ground, leaving it highly unadvisable to try to get out on roads. As they left the day after Thanksgiving the colder temps started creeping in. Clear skies came out exposing all the beautiful mountains that they didn't get to see the whole time they were here. We awoke this morning to 15 below, the coldest we had experienced so far...until this evening. Eric went out to crank cars and let them run so hopefully they won't freeze overnight and crack the blocks and it is already 20 below out in our yard, meaning we'll need to get up several times tonight to crank cars and let them run about 15 minutes to get warmed up. So far that is really the only thing I'm not liking about living here in Alaska. We'll definately have to fix that before next winter by getting the cars winterized so we can plug them in on timers and save ourselves the worry of destroying motors.


Now it's time to prepare for Christmas...I'm so not ready!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Before you know it those cold temps wont bother you at all :) For me, when it gets past 10* or so, it all feels the same to me. But then again I know I'm weird because the colder it is the happier I am :0)